1. Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may store the information you submit to or through the App, as well as information we collect in connection with your use of the App.
We use the information to fulfill your requests, provide the App’s functionality, improve the App’s quality, personalize your experience, track usage of the App, provide feedback to businesses that are listed on the App, display relevant advertising, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the App, and comply with legal obligations.
Among the information we collect, please note:
- Account Information: If you create an account on Jooay, we may store and use your full name, email address, zip code and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender and birth date.
- Public Content: The information that you post to the App is intended for public dissemination. We may display this information on the App, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive emails from other App users, businesses, and Jooay itself. If you exchange messages with others through the App, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the App.
- Activity: We may store information about your use of the App, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit, and the businesses you call using our mobile applications. We also may store information that your mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the App.
3. Third Parties
We may share information about you with third parties as follows:
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the App; or (c) protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
- Links: The App may contain links to unaffiliated third party websites. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on all such third party websites.
- Facebook and Twitter: If you are logged into Facebook, and you access but are not logged into the App, we may receive information from Facebook to make it easier for you to create an account on the App and show you relevant content from your Facebook friends. You can also connect your Jooay account to your accounts on third party services like Facebook or Twitter, in which case we may collect and store information identifying your account with the third party service. We use the information to help you connect and share public content with your friends and followers.
4. Controlling Your Personal Data
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the App pseudonymously.
Please also note that the messages you send or receive using the App are only private to the extent that both you and the sender/recipient keep them private. For example, we do not have any control over whether a recipient of one of your messages publicly posts it or its contents.
The App is intended for general audiences and is not directed to persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The information we obtain from or about you may be processed and stored in Canada, Province of Quebec, which may provide for different data protection rules than the country in which you reside.